Showcase Comics and Games

Philadelphia's Premier Store for Comics and Gaming

Forums

Forum Home > Warhammer Fantasy Battle > No love for Fantasy?

polybus

Did you just bump the July 7th Warhammer Tourney for MTG?  Going though bouts of WHFB withdrawal. 

June 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ShowcaseComicsandGames
Site Owner

that fell through the gaps, we were originally planning it months ago, and originally planned to hold monthly fantasy events. Unfortunately for all the people asking for WFB tournaments, 90% of the people in the last one drove up from Baltimore, or down from Hazleton.) Since the Baltimore crowd is busy that week, and it's July 4th weekend, and it's a MTG pre release tournament weekend, guess what got bumped?

I'd like to hold more WFB events, But I have to have more of the local players actually showing up when we hold  them. Love for Fantasy has to come from the players. 

If there's a good night that people want to get together for a league or campaign, let me know. I'd love to run something, and hopefully people have more time in the summer.

June 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

polybus

Yeah, I know.  The local scene around here is next to non-existant.  I guess 8th edition scared away quite a few players even though I think it is a more fun game than ever.

June 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

ill play fantasy more once i get the newer rule book, no idea what they've changed since i played

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 21, 2012 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ariel

i'm putting the finishing touches on a tourney army and am looking for some events to use it in.  I live in the area and I'm available pretty much whenever as long as I get some advance notice.

June 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

free monday?

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ariel

Yes I am.

June 22, 2012 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

can probably pilgramage my way there and re learn how to play, got almost 2400 of lizards

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ariel

Okay, when would you get there?

June 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JimmiFromPhilly

I heard that its a good idea to set up WHF matches ahead of time, I'm thinkn about coming down and playing on a friday night soon but i wanted to make sure someone was gonna be there to play, i live kinda far away.  If anyone wants to set up to play a game let me know.

June 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

uh, any time is good i usually get there between 12 and 2

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

uh, if i do show up idk when itll be, got a bit to do tomorrow

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JimmiFromPhilly

oh i talked to the store and they said to set up a game in advance, i wasnt planning on showing up til i could set up a game, sorry

June 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ariel

Alright man.  I'll be by around 3 or so and hang out for a while.  If you see a dark haired guy in a light blue shirt that's me.

June 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BloodLancer817

sorry man i just woke up and got stuff to do today, i canr eschedule for a week or 2 a head of time though, ill let ya know when

--

Blood For the Blood God

June 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ariel

NP, just let me know

June 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.